ezMETAR is certified per ICAO ANEX 3 guidelines.
Dsigned to be reliable and affordable for small VFR airports & heliports
ezMETAR, the affordable certified
Basic METAR & SPECI report can be generated with just 5 weather station parameters (sensors) and expanded as your operation grows.
Sensors and METAR generating meteorological datalogger METARlogGSM are certified without restrictions for civil aviation use.
Certified per ICAO ANNEX 3 and WMO No. 49 Volume II.
Why wireless Auto-METAR
- Minimizes building permits to enable quick and affordable installation of an airport weather monitoring system.
- Airport and heliport weather station for small and private airports, heliports and airstrips for real-time VFR decision making. (IFR option available)
- High system reliability is assured by the weather station's redundant power control/management system called PowerProtect with full lightning protection.
- PowerProtect is designed to isolate sensor power faults and any unforeseen sensor electrical problems for high up-time and reliability.
- METARlogGSM is the Auto-METAR generating unit. It is a field proven meteorological data logger and future-proof with very good expandability and upgradeability.
Start small and grow
Basic sensor set for limited METAR report generation includes:
- Wind speed & wind direction (available with heating for all-weather reliability in winter climates)
- Temperature, humidity, dew/frost point
- Barometric pressure - multiple options available
- Wireless Auto-METAR transmission via GSM/GPRS for placement flexibility and to minimize cables and associated ground work and permits
Reliability & robustness
Proven reliable sensors tested in all climates featuring:
- Heated wind sensor is optional for cold climates
- Sensors feature 3-stage lightning protection
- PowerProtect automatically disconnects electrical faults to maintain weather station up-time in case of electrical faults, short circuits or lightning strikes
- Backup 12 V Pb (lead-acid) battery charging and monitoring of battery performance parameters for preventative battery replacement detection
- ESD, EMI, surge, transient & lightning protection on all logger power and data lines
Expandability & growth
Future-Proof Sensor Expandability
- Ability to add multiple high-accuracy barometric pressure sensors for redundancy and reliability to meet IFR airport requirements
- Expandability is assured via fully independent digital sensor ports to suit specific airport requirements
- Option to add a ceilometer for cloud base monitoring
- Up to 8 total RS-485 MODBUS sensors
- 2 fully independent sensor power branches/lines
- Serial ASCII and MODBUS RTU interface to your existing infrastructure and software.
At the heart of our Auto-METAR generating weather station for airports is the METARlogGSM real-time data logger & PowerProtect electrical management & protection system. Weather data from METARlogGSM can be directly fed into your existing servers and software system or on-line METAR widget on your website.
What is AUTO-METAR is explained in the following article
- What does the word "AUTO" in a METAR message indicate?
- What does the word "COR" in a METAR message indicate?
- Can "AUTO" and "COR" be in a METAR message simultaneously?
- When is SPECI report generated and what is it?