Proven and reliable rain gauge
Years of use have proven the magnetically balanced tipping bucket rain gauge to be highly reliable. Easy adjustment with just one screw makes it simple to install and maintain while providing long-term consistent rain measurement.
The rain gauge funnel is easy to clean with a cloth and is equipped with a very hard to clog opening which guides water into the tipping bucket. Simple to use and simple to maintain are trademarks of this all around reliable rain gauge with a WMO recommended 200 cm2 opening.
- Very resistant to vibrations from wind
- Long-term measurement stability not affected by dust & dirt
- Very easy setup and maintenance with single screw adjustment
- Ultra-low power Normally Open (NO) reed switch operation
MAGNETIC BUCKET ADVANTAGE
One of the most consistent and accurate tipping buckets
Self-emptying tipping bucket
- Resistant to wind induced vibrations more than standard (seesaw/teeter-totter) tipping bucket rain gauges
- More consistent and resistant to drift from dirt contamination
- Magnetically stabilized self-emptying bucket
Easy to maintain
Single screw adjustment for easy recalibration and service.
Easy to install, as the bucket mechanism is less susceptible to not being level than butterfly tipping bucket rain gauges.
Consistent and accurate magnetically balanced mechanism in less effected by residual water in the tipping bucket than popular butterfly style mechanisms. This inherent property makes it the most consistent self-emptying rain gauge, also known as udometer, pluviometer, or an ombrometer.
- UV sunlight resistant material for stability in direct sunlight for 10+ years
- Good hydrophobic properties for self cleaning effect and drainage for accuracy
- Material does not attract dirt and dust
- Simply wipe clean with a cloth
- Designed for a 10+ years life span in all climates
- The electronic are coated with weather-resistant coating for all-weather durability including winter, snow, ice and salt spray near the coast
Factory standard calibration of 0.2 mm (0.2 liters per square meter) per tip with +/- 2 % accuracy.
- 0.10 mm/tip (0.004"/tip) Special order
- 0.20 mm/tip (0.008"/tip) Factory default (World standard)
- 0.25 mm/tip (0.01"/tip) Special order (USA standard)
- 0.50 mm/tip (0.02"/tip) Special order
MOUNTING & PROTECTION
Pole mount for rain gauge
Makes rain gauge mounting quick and easy with the use of widely available hose clamps.
Fits pipes from 1.5" (35 mm) diameter and larger.
Cable for rain gauge
UV sunlight stable 5 meter cable for connecting the rain gauge with data logger digital-in port.
Bird spikes and leaf fence
Bird protection spikes with leaf/debris fence prevent birds from nesting in the rain gauge funnel and reduce large debris accumulation like leafs.
Overall effect is reduced maintenance and longer service intervals plus increased measurement reliability and consistency.