- Sensors designed for tough dirty environments with heating for winter.
- Corrosion resistant metal and UV resistant plastic construction.
- MeteoShield Professional adds extra protection for your sensitive temperature and humidity sensors to extend their life and accuracy.
- Current applications include:
- France (roads in French Alps)
- Slovakia (roads in all climates & seasons)
- Czechia (roads in all climates & seasons)
perfect shield for dirty roads
- Ideal for dirty & wet environments where car spray, sand and dust impact roadside sensors.
- Maintains temperature sensor accuracy even in extremely dirty environments inside this helical MeteoShield. It is not affected by long-term shield dirt buildup and does not require regular cleaning to simplify your service.
See black helical radiation shield test.
- MeteoShield -Professional's high protection rating extends sensor life of temperature and humidity sensors.
See winter road radiation shield comparison.
- Protect your sensors and extend your service intervals and reduce maintenance.
- Constructed of stainless steel and UV stable pure Titanium white plastic for long service life.
MeteoWind 1 & MeteoWind 2
heated anemometer for winter roads
- 20 W of heating at 24 V for strong resistance to winter snow and ice buildup or 5 W@12 VDC for solar powered wireless weather stations.
- Patented elliptical cup design offers superb snow shedding and high accuracy and linearity in all weather conditions.
- Anodized aluminum construction for corrosion resistance, robustness and long life.
- Highest available 3-stage lightning protection meeting the following ratings:
- EMC emissions according to EN50081-1 / IEC61000-6-1
- EMC transients according to EN50081-1 / IEC61000-6-2
- Surge test 4 kV/2 kA acc.to EN50082-2 / IEC61000-6-2
- ESD 15000 V (15 kV)
- Versatile interfaces: RS-485 MODBUS ASCII & RTU
(Analog output coming soon: wind speed frequency, wind direction 0...2.5 V)
- Intrinsically safe sensor: Low voltage 5-25 V operation and low power 4.5 mA with inrush protection.
- Increase your humidity sensor service intervals over traditional multi-plate radiation shields and fan-ventilated solar shields with the MeteoShield Professional.
- Cost-sensitive applications may use MeteoShield Standard.
- Reduce your system costs with a combination of MeteoWind anemometer and wind vane, MeteoTemp RH+T and MeteoShield.
- Increase your winter road weather station reliability with heated MeteoWind 2.
Meet all industrial standards
- Be intrinsically safe with build in safety features and very low-power consumption and low-voltage operation down to 5 V.
- Easy connectivity with universal industry standard MODBUS RTU & ASCII interface.
- Build a complete solution with the low-power RS-485 wireless meteorological data logger EasyLogGSM.